Sex Glorious Sex: need-to-know info from an expert on sexual health and pleasure
She’s been called Queen of Orgasms and The Lube Queen. On the socials, she goes by SamTalksSex. Sam Evans is a sexual health and pleasure expert who’s exasperated that frank talk and clear, practical information about all aspects of consensual sex is still hard to get, mired in stigma.
A former renal and occupational health nurse, she’s a tireless campaigner for better information and understanding of how to keep enjoying the many health benefits of sex no matter what life throws at you – illness, bereavement, menopause, relationship breakdown. And let’s not forget age. Sam is all about blowing up the stubborn myth that sex has an age-expiration date.
Sam advises health care professionals and gives talks to cancer and other charities when she’s not running Jo Divine, the online sexual aids company she set up with her husband in 2007.
The site has become a rich, public health service, an education hub about everything to do with healthy, consensual sex.
And don’t forget to use that 10% discount code for purchases from JoDivine.com from now through March 10th. The code is The Big Middle.
- A sampler of sex education info and perspectives you’ll find on Jo Divine:
- Breastfeeding and sex
- Want Thrush? Use a bath bomb
- Menopause and Libido
- Winning Back our Sex Life after Prostate Cancer – a personal story by Elvin Box
- Sam on Instagram
- Sam on Twitter
- Trekstock, the fabulous cancer charity for young adults Sam was to address that evening
- Piece in The Guardian about those Swiss sheds for sex workers (there is a laudable safety angle of course) I mentioned from 2013, when they were set up
Follow The Big Middle
- Website I Twitter I Instagram I YouTube
- Hosted + produced by Susan Flory
- Music: “Beautiful Day” by Sahin Koc