Redefining Retirement: It ain't like it used to be
I’ve always given the notion of retirement shortest shrift on The Big Middle.
What does it even mean in 2022?
We don’t retire these days, we shift gears, we make transitions.
We keep earning if we need to (and most of us need to) while we grow our minds, feed our passions, soothe our souls and figure out how to give back – do something that matters to more than ourselves.
Two fascinating guests join me to talk transitions: gerontologist researcher and author Deborah Gale, based in Ascot, west of London, and journalist and author Rich Eisenberg, newly UNretired; he tells us what that means from his #WFH office in New Jersey.
- The Age of No Retirement
- The Purpose Exchange
- Robert Kegan on the Further Reaches of Adult Development, the video Deb said “blew my mind”
- Deb on Linkedin
- Deb on Twitter
- Rich’s new MarketWatch column The View from UNretirement
- Rich’s podcast Friends Talk Money
- Rich on Linkedin
- Rich on Twitter
Follow The Big Middle
- Website I Twitter I Instagram I YouTube
- Hosted + produced by Susan Flory
- Music: “Beautiful Day” by Sahin Koc